Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Transformation Tuesday

A weekly journey into the transformation of our yard and garden. I have delusions of having a yard that looks like Heathers, so don't pop my bubble. I don't have a lot of resources so I will have to be creative. Besides the thought of taking a pic to blog will keep me motivated. As all my close friends and family know, I make huge messes trying to get to the finished product so we will start with the mess we made yesterday.....





Our neighbor told us that if we would do a severe pruning that we would get a ton of great tasting apples the next few years and we wouldn't have to prune that heavily for 3 to 4 years. So with his guidance we cut about half the tree down. Now what to do with all the branches. The larger logs we can cut and stack for next years woodstove use. This pic really doesn't show the extent of it as there are branches and logs all the way to the back fence. Tune in next week to see if we have made any progress with cleaning this up!








My favorite spring tree. I love the pink blossoms. Why oh why can they bloom all summer like that? And when they are done blooming the petals fall tothe ground like pink snow




Coming in tomorrow's Wednesday Works for Me.....Withholding priviledges/interventions/making moms day

No comments: