1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Mission Trip out of the country! Never ever thought I would do that, but through a series of miracles and God's leading, that is what we did.
Recieved an Awesome side by side refridgerator with ice and water in the door from my Dad and Mom
Recieved a Company Car, drop dead awesome!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I tried really hard and exceeded for a while. And yes I will make more. My motto is NEVER give up.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Mellisa and Ben: Kim and Ben (and no Ben is not the same person....lol)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandfather died.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
More consistancy, more follow through, more time with my kids that are growing up so fast!
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 1st Son Braden gets his Drivers License
June 7th Daughter kiara's 8th Grade graduation
June 28th Left at 3 or 4 am for mission trip to Ecuador
August 28th Daughter Kiara's first day of highschool and Son Braden's Junior year
Surprise Refridgerator from Dad and Mom
December 31st Given a company car to use that is SO AWESOME!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making friends again with my kids, as they got to be teens they started pulling a way and I found a way through prayer and reading to connect again
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being consistant as a mom. I do really good in one area and others suffer, I want to be PERFECT! WAAAAAAAH!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
6 weeks of respiratory illness and severe headache.
Muscle in my hip that rubs on Sciatic nerve causing great pain, especially when I
have to sit for long periods
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I would have to say Christmas presents for my kids. They wanted more expensive things this year so only got a few presents, but they are enjoying them so much.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mom, Dad, Sister, bro in law, nieces, co workers, friends, church family all who prayed for our little Chihuahua "Squirty" when she ran away while we were in Ecuador and for the nice family that chose to give her back, after she ran in their house after 4 days on the run.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Anyone who does terrible and mean things to children or animals Shame on them!
14. Where did most of your money go?
God (tithe, church budget and other) Christian education, Housing, No car payments thankfully, Oh yes, and to the Mission trip
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I got really really excited about the new fridge, the hot tub and the Company Car! Of course I get overwhelmed with excitement when someone gives me a ball point pen too!
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Calling you by Blue October because my teen daughter listened to it so much I know all the words. And Chris Tomlin cause she listens to him a lot too
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier. I would like to think I get happier with each passing year
b) thinner or fatter? About the same, but hoping and praying for a miracle
c) richer or poorer? Financially better off.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
More helping the less fortunate. I would like to do a little more each year
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Griping about being the only one who does anything, but hey I am getting lots of help now!
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Surprised our extended family in Canada with our arrival. Actually they are my sister's husbands family but they have always treated us like family
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Yes. Over and over with the same guy for the last 27 years. (23 of those married) and with these little dogs called Squirty and Little Dude, the big dog Kai and a new kitty who as of now has no name, but is the most lovey cat I have ever had.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Meer Cat Manor, Orangutan Island, Office, Man vs Wild,
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I try not to hate anyone. I hate some of the things they do however
24. What was the best book you read?
LOVE AND RESPECT. It is a must read for married people
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Connie Talbot. That girl is right on key!
26. What did you want and get?
I wanted to take my family on a mission trip and we did go. We worked for 6 days straight building a church and both kids and hubby want to go on another!
27. What did you want and not get?
Spot bot for pets,,,asking for it for my birthday
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Evan Almighty. So cute, clean and didnt contradict the bible
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
We tried to go to the tulip patch but the weather was not cooperating so we had my birthday in a really cool McDonalds. Afterward, the weather cleared up and we went out to the tulip patch and got our pics. I turned 28 for the 17th time.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I could keep my kids young forever....
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
watch a lot of "What Not to Wear" and try to embrace the concepts lol
32. What kept you sane?
Text messaging and praying
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I do not fancy people if I do not know what values they hold. but I have been fascinated with the ones who are adopting from other countries, such as Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I dont get stirred by politics
35. Who did you miss?
My kids when they are not home. I would say my hubby, but we do everything together even work.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Jessica. I knew her as an aquaintence but now we are good friends. She is awesome.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Just because you think you know the meaning of respect, doesnt mean you know how someone else views respect. Read the Love and Respect book!
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
When a problem comes along you must whip it!
39. Favorite quote of the year?
40. Favorite new blog discovery this year (and how did you discover it)?
Monday, December 31, 2007
And so are the Company owners that give them! the owners of the company my hubby and I work for surprised my hubby today with a brand new hot off the train 2008 fully loaded Ford Edge. They chose everything from the color to all the features. So far we have figured out we can talk through the cars system on our cell phones and even make calls on the computer screen. It has GPS, 6 CD player, Sunroof and separate moonroof, seat warmers, keyless entry, and many other things we havent figured out yet. We have to take it back in once the DVD's (one for each kid) are here and will be installed. We are so excited we cant hardly believe it. To have the best job in the world and then this....it is beyond belief!