Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Wednesday Works for Me










Catching the invisible child. You know the one who leaves their wet towel laying around. dirties 50 glasses in one day, or doesn't put the bath mat down so the bathroom floor and your socks get soaking wet? No one in the family seems to know who does these things. So what works for me this week is separating the towels by color and assigning a color to each person, using photo coasters with a picture of each family member that they put their glass on, and requiring that if Mom's socks get wet from the bathroom floor then everyone is taking baths next week!

For more great ideas head on over to Shannon's blog Rocks in my Dryer

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great tips! Thanks for sharing them!

Anonymous said...

Bravo! I'd love to get that Invisible Child to leave home! Thanks.

Carol said...

Hah! That's funny about the baths. Mine would have to use the master tub, for which they would be most pleased...for the first day or two, and after which my bathroom would be a wreck!

Great tip!

Anonymous said...

We have his and hers towels- this tip works for the invisible husband too! :)

Anonymous said...

I love those tips! Thanks for sharing. Pretty funny stuff. I seem to have invisible "children" in my house, too. Except I think a lot of the time it is the invisible "husband"! :) Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of the invisible child "not me" in the Family Circus comics. Great tip!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! We'll have to wait until the kids are older. They're still young enough that we know exactly who did what. There's just nothing we can do about it.

Anonymous said...

I bought a pack of cups in rainbow colors, and I'm letting the kids each write their name on one with a permanant marker, and its theirs. They better not use another glass unless theirs is in the dishwasher.
I give up on the towels. Once a week I go in my dd15's room and pull out the 11 towels she has in there.

Staci said...

Hee! Wet socks! Rogene jokes that if there is water anywhere in the entire house he can find it with his socks.