Monday, February 19, 2007

Mondays Miracles: Diapers and Laundry Soap

I have decided to share a few of the miracles that have happened in my life. And I will start off with my favorite. It wasn't spectacular, or expensive, or news worthy, just God answering the prayer of one of his children. It happened when my teens were little, Braden was 3 and Kiara was 1. Darryl and I had moved away from friends to a new town that had the promise of double his previous salary. We were so thrilled with the extra money, we decided to pay off all our bills. We were going to be debt free by the end of December and starting in January we would be able to put away 1000.00 a month in savings. Right around the middle of December my hubby lost his job. We were pretty much debt free, however we hadn't saved a penny for emergencies because in January we were supposed to have the extra 1000.00. The money we did have, ran out quickly and one day I was in the basement using the last scoop of laundry soap. I also thought about my daughter's diapers that were almost gone as well. I bowed my head and said "God I am really not sure how you are going to do this, but I need laundry soap and diapers for my baby girl. You said in the bible that anything we ask in your name you will provide so I am asking this in your name. Amen" I finished what I was doing then ran upstairs to go with Darryl and the kids to the unemployment office. We were gone about an hour and when we came back home, I noticed two things sitting on my porch. Can you guess what they were? If you guessed diapers and laundry soap then you were right! There wasn't anything else and no note. I was beyond shocked. I thanked God for taking care of us. A few days later the mystery was solved. An old time schoolmate of my husbands, that we had talked to maybe 2 times, found out about our predicament and called the house but we weren't home so she went to the grocery store and in the middle of the store she prayed "God, show me what they need the most" It still gives me goose bumps and brings tears to my eyes.

Do you have a miracle that you would like to share? Leave a message in comments!

1 comment:

Headmeister said...

As I sat here and read this story to my husband, I got goosebumps and it brought tears to my eyes.

Thank you soooo very much for sharing this with us!