Thirteen Things I will say YES to my teens about
(a little obsessive but the ideas do cross my mind)
1. Daughter age 13: “Can I go to the movies alone with my boyfriend?” Yes, when you are 18.
2. Son age 15: “Can I drive in the freezing rain and black ice with my drivers permit?” Yes, once you have been properly trained and we are in an empty parking lot with no lampposts in site.
3. Sugar o holic Son age 15: “Can I have ice cream for breakfast?” Yes, if you eat 3 banana’s an apple and an orange first.”
4. Both kids; “Can I stay up all night long on a school night?” Yes, when you are in college.
5. Daughter age 13 wearing a tight shirt with cleavage showing: “Can I go to the mall with my friends?” Yes, once you change your clothing, and wear a turtle neck shirt that is not form fitting.
6. Daughter age 13: “ Can I run up the cell phone bill to unafforadable levels?” Yes, but we will be selling your video/picture/MP3 phone on e bay and getting you a basic cricket phone.
7. Daughter age 13: “Can you get off early from work to go pick up my boyfriend (40 minute trip) and take us all to the movies. Then take him home after?” Yes, I did this one….
8. Daughter age 13: “Can you buy my friends presents” Yes, once you pay for part of it or help out at home
9. Son age 15: “Can my girlfriend come over for New Years and stay the night?” Since there is no way for her to get home (she lives an hour away) then YES, but there will be alarms installed on your window and door. And on the room she is staying in. Plus visual, auditory and tactile deterrents from getting up in the night for a make out session.
10. Son age 15: “Can I walk from your work down to the stores” (through a gang section of town) Yes, if we follow you ready to call 911 a the slightest hint of gang activity.
11. Son age 15: “Can I pretend that I am in trouble so I wont be embarrased to be sitting by my parents” Yes anything you want to have you around a little longer!
12. Both: Can you buy it and then I will earn it?” Yes, if you earn it first and then I buy it.
13. Both: Can you? Can you? Can you? YES YES YES as I long as I am alive I will say yes!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants