Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Works for Me Wednesday




Saving Tomato Paste

Dont you always hate it when a recipe calls for 1 T of tomato paste? The cans are small, but either sit in the fridge till the mold takes over, or you freeze it and have to unthaw before measuring. What works for me is to freeze the remainder of the can in 1 T measurements. I put each 1 T measurement in a ziploc bag and freeze for the next recipe.

Have banana's that get too ripe and no time to make banana bread? I peel them and freeze in 1 inch slices. Then I add them to fruit shakes or to recipes.

Extra fruit shake in the morning? Freeze about an inch worth in the bottom of a ziploc bag and add to the next shake!

This is what works for me! For more works for me idea's go on over to Rocks in My Dryer

No comments: