Oh the fun things my sister Stacitee finds to put on a blog. It is all bloggety goodness and I get the pleasure of participating in her great idea's. This is from Linda S. over at All&Sundry and she started a New Year's meme about remembering 2006. If you go there, you can copy the questions to answer and put them your own blog. Then come back and leave me a comment, and I will link to YOUR review of 2006!
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before? Blogging
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I do not remember what they were except for losing weight which I did. Somehow it found me again I am sorry to say. Now I will blog my resolutions so they will be forever available.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Friends at work and seems like lots of adoptions
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes my residents at work and my son's girlfriends father
5. What countries did you visit? Stayed in my part of the USA this year
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? Ability to "let things go and trust in God to handle my problems"
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? March 18 my daughter became an official teen, April 30 my son turned 15 and was eligible to get a drivers permit, June 4 my husband and I have been married 22 years and I think this is the best year yet!,
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I planted, weeded and harvest a huge Garden mostly by myself. My sweet husband rototilled and I think, tried one time weeding, but the rest of the time it was all mine.
9. What was your biggest failure? Keeping up with being a mom and working. Cause when you are doing well at one the other suffers.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yes I had plantar fasciitis (fancy word for fallen arches) very painful, and I fell in a hole the dog dug and messed up my hip but thanks to prayer and healing I am all better now
11. What was the best thing you bought? Dow cleaner products (automatic shower spray and tools Toilet Wand, floor mopper thing, showere scrubber tool)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My teens as for the most part they are respectful and helpful
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The people who send their children to Christian school but seem to not be interested in being a christian or setting a Christian example
14. Where did most of your money go? Church, Christian education and our home
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Gardening, blogging and Listening to hubby sing.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? Made to Worship by Chris Tomlin
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer? a) Happier thanks to my sister who taught me to be happy no matter the circumstances b) No comment (haha) c) poorer due to increase cost of teens!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Reading my bible, playing games with the kids
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Housework haha
20. How will you be spending Christmas? With family
21. Did you fall in love in 2006? Over and over again with the same guy for the last 26 years (we dated on and off for 4 years. Oh and with "Little Dude" the newest chihuahua addition to the family)
22. How many one-night stands? None
23. What was your favorite TV program? 24, The office, Joel Osteen, Earl, Flip this house, Meer Kat Manor, Clean Sweep, What not to wear,
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Sometimes I hate the things people do, not the people themselves
25. What was the best book you read? Proof Postitive by Neil Nedley, Why men marry b____'s, Your Last diet by Kathleen DesMaisons, Ph.D. and Vital Vittles by Heather Leno
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Chris Tomlin (praise songs)
27. What did you want and get? Happiness, joy, peace
28. What did you want and not get? More money
29. What was your favorite film of this year? My husband says the new James Bond movie even though I haven't seen it yet.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I went on a mini vacation with my husband to Seaside Oregon. I am 44 years old and loving it.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Catching up on organization. Up until 1999, I was very ill with super painful periods where I was flat out in bed for 8 out of every 22 days and that along with frequent moving etc got me so unorganized that I have been fighting a losing battle to catch up.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? I would say business and casual. I dont have much fashion sense. That gene when to directly and totally to my sister.
33. What kept you sane? My husband and my sister
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I am intrigued by Angelina Jolie because she uses her money and self to better the lives of people in other countries.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? I dont know that this is an issue but it bothers me when people elect a president then criticise his actions no matter what direction he takes. For example people who oppose the war in Iraq. Right after 911 everyone wanted justice but then a year of so later the President is wrong for starting the war and continuing in the efforts to help the people of Iraq. Whats up with that?
36. Who did you miss? My friends. I lost touch with two good friends and I wish I would get in touch with my childhood friend
37. Who was the best new person you met? April, a great person going through a difficult time
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006. The best presents are the ones you give to someone who can never repay you
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "Jesus take the wheel" by Carrie Underwood