Thursday, October 26, 2006

Losing it


Thirteen Things about Losing Weight


1…. Fiber (bran flakes are filling and if you replace 2 meals a day with them and a fruit like it says on the box you can lose an average of a pound a week)
2. Avoid sugar (Sugar aids in storing fat)
3. Avoid artificial sweetners (studies show that arificial sweetners are causing people to be fat)
4. Avoid High fructose corn syrup (studies show it makes you very hungry)
5. Eat lots of fruits and veges. (They are full of fiber taste good and are natural appetite suppressants)
6. Timing of meals (studies show that people who do not eat after 3 pm lose 5 to 6 pounds per month
7. Diet with a friend or family member (studies show people who diet together lose more weight
8. Walking (walking helps burn calories as well as increase endorphins that help you feel better)
9. Water ( you need a way to flush out all the ft you are losing)
10. Sleep (studies show lack of sleep contributes to weight gain)
11. Online help for free (www.kraftfoods.com has a weight tracker, meals, shopping lists, message boards and more)
12. Prizes (treat yourself to stickers, magnets, keychains, manicures, pedicures, massages and new clothes for weight loss)
13. Divine help (I finally gave up and prayed for help and it seems to be working!)

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good tips. I'm trying to lose weight too. I have about 15-20 pounds to go. I hate dieting, so I'm trying to change my lifestyle instead, and not totally deprive myself of what I love. :-)
I have a cheat day every Saturday. I can't wait for tomorrow. LOL

Anonymous said...

I love #12 on your list. Prizes are always good. They also give you a goal to work towards while you attempt to reach a healthy weight - or maintain it once you're there.