1. Book: 5 Love Languages of Teens by Gary Chapman (learn how your teen shows love and recieves love--It may be different from what you think it is)
2. Book: Parenting your out of Control Teen by Scott P Sells. I wish they would change the name of this one. It is great for even teens that are not out of Control. Shows you how to take care of a variety of problems such as disrespect and frees Mom from all the nagging. It also shows how to show your teen the positive things they are doing)
3. Date-time with Mom or Dad night. Special time alone with you and your teen. Let them pick the activity. Guarenteed to get them talking after the first few "dates"
4. Online- www.byparents-forparents.com deals with the difficult issues as well as minor issues.
5. Online- Tips for parenting teens at www.buzzle.com
6. Online- www.parentingteens.com
8. Hang on-When they pull away do what ever you have to pull them back into the family.
9. Snoop-Get a good program that records every site that your computer goes to, blocks undesirable sites and a program to recover deleted items for the tricky "computer smart" ones
10. Loosen up-When appropriate "loosen the reins" a bit, with more freedoms for good behavior and less for undesirable behavior
11. Driving: check out www.familycircle.com and read the article on "crash proofing your teen". Very good advice on raising the chances your teen will stay out of a serious crash
12. Words-Tell them you love them everyday
13. Divine help-Pray for them everyday and anytime you feel you need extra
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants