Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Spring Meme

I usually do a New Years Meme and looking over the past Meme's I realized they told me a lot of things I may have forgotten otherwise. The last two years have been over the top stressful so I decided to put them together in this Spring meme for 2011 and 2012 



Spring Meme

1. What did you do in 2011/2012 that you’d never done before?

Lived in a travel trailer from April 26th 2012 to Nov 4th 2012 

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

 I believe I gave it my best shot


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

 Victoria  

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Residents at the facility I work at

5. What countries did you visit?

None for these two years

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2011/2012?

More peace, time with God, and my kids


7. What dates from 2011/2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

 


March 18 Kiara turns 18 and 19!
April 30 Braden turns 20 and 21

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I went two months with no sugar, no diet sugar and no bread!

9. What was your biggest failure?

My marriage which fell apart early 2012

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Fibromyalgia

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Back massager and hair straightner.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Squirty for pulling through a very severe illness after I fed her crushed bone instead of serving it whole. It got stuck in her throat but wasnt discovered by the emergency clinic and later she went into shock. With lots of prayers she made a full recovery in early 2012

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

My husband who chose drugs that changed his personality and made him very mean over his own family

14. Where did most of your money go?

God (tithe, church budget and other)

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Answers to prayer. For Squirty, for places to live, for car repairs, for many many things

16. What song will always remind you of 2011/2012?

"The Warrior is a Child". Old song but reminds me of myself alot and "What doesnt kill you makes you stronger"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? Happier. I would like to think I get happier with each passing year
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner YAY!!!!!
c) richer or poorer? Poorer but better off


18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

More helping the less fortunate. I would like to do a little more each year

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Crying. Cause its all good. God has so many blessings for us if we just look for them

20. How did you spend Christmas?

With my family

21. Did you fall in love in 2011/2012?

No I actually fell out of love for the first time in 32 years. Never thought it would happen but when the verbal abuse gets bad enough the feelings are just gone. 
 
22. What was your favorite TV program?

Hardly watch TV but when I do I like HGTV and Biggest loser

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

I try not to hate anyone. I hate some of the things they do however

24. What was the best book you read?

Greater by Steven Furtick

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Josh Groben

26. What did you want and get?

I wanted to have better pain control and I am doing pretty good. Pain is around a 4 to a 5 instead of 6 to 9

27. What did you want and not get?

To fix my marriage. I even did Marriage Fitness Program.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

I dont think I saw any.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I dont remember 2011 , in 2012 I turned 50 and I remember my husband being very loud and trying to be the center of attention at every birthday we went to not just mine. That is kinda his personality but this was over the top rudeness

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

If I could always trust in God and not worry. Ever!

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?

Anything my daughter approves  of gets me lots of compliments everywhere I go!

 32. What kept you sane?

Dawn and praying

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I do not fancy people if I do not know what values they hold.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

I dont get stirred by politics

35. Who did you miss?

My friends

36. Who was the best new person you met?

Mr Right! Love talking to him

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011/2012.

That no matter how small the problem may seem to me God cares and will help me with that problem if I just ask and believe.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

When a problem comes along you must whip it!

39. Favorite quote of the year?

Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right.
Abraham Lincoln
40. Favorite new blog discovery this year (and how did you discover it?)
Proverbs 31 Ministries. I discovered it through a class I took with my sister.

No comments: