Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Reflections on 2010

20 Questions for a New Year’s Eve Reflection

1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?  I have grown spiritually
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened? Learning to trust God instead of having anxiety
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year? Cancellation of a court case and savings of 4000!
4. What was an unexpected obstacle? How hard it would be to send my boy off to college
5. Pick three words to describe 2010. Wonderful, Joyful, Hopeful
6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2010 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you).  Happiness, Laughter, Joy
7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2010 (again, without asking). Content, fun, happy
8. What were the best books you read this year? The best sermon ever preached by Ellen G White and Experiencing God
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships? My family and my friend Dawn whom is more like a friend, counselor, and sounding board all rolled into one. 
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year? Lost weight
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally? Learned to handle some of my anxiety
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually? Learned to trust God more
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically? Learned to eat differently
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others? I learned that I should have learned not to be so shy because people are so fun to get to know. 
15. What was the most enjoyable part of your work (both professionally and at home)? Working with Dementia residents and at home working with someone else in the family (I like company, what else can I say :}
16. What was the most challenging part of your work (both professionally and at home)? Most challenging is keeping up with paperwork at work and at home As well as dealing with my fibromyalgia.
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year? Island Paradise which I quit cold turkey and have not gone back
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year? Spending every moment possible talking with my teens
19. What was biggest thing you learned this past year? That God can handle every problem if you let him
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2010 for you. My hope is in the Lord


No comments: